Sustainability Education Retreats
Escape the city for a fun-filled rural weekend on a repurposed dairy farm. You will be an active member of ‘farm to table’ activities and experience how simple and enjoyable living with Mother Earth can be. Sustainability is the theme, while participation is the mission. You’ll come home yoga-renewed with sound knowledge, practiced skills, and a mindset focused on sustainable living. You'll also take home goodies you’ve crafted as well as an enhanced understanding of Earth’s current crisis and solutions for how you can help. Sustainability starts with one person and one action at a time.
Due to location, retreats must meet the minimum amount of participants in order to host. Retreats runs during apple season throughout the month of September, located in Cottage Grove, Oregon.
Retreat Highlights & activities:
- Sustainable lifestyle practices: rain water harvesting, energy efficiency, masonry heating, composting toilets, solar-powered well, composting, growing food
- Understanding the earth’s current crisis
- Farm to Table (growing and preparing fresh food)
- Daily field trips to world-renowned sustainable organizations: BRING, Aprovecho Sustainability Education Center, Pacific Yurts, Eugene’s Saturday market
- Invigorating daily yoga classes (option for one-on-one sessions and/or massage)
- Energy efficient household designs and construction
- Pick and prep farm-friendly meals
- Sustainable-themed movie on the importance of community, with discussion
- Free time for Rails-to-Trails, bicycling, walking, hiking, waterfalls